So this is what our days are really like. Uncombed hair, smears across faces and sweet smiles. And that's not just for Eli and Charlie! Two is such a GOOD age, I'm just in love with two. Maybe it's because I've got two boys, who knows? Whatever the reason, we just really have hit our stride.

Charlie
The boys are eager to learn every single day, and it is so rewarding to watch all the little puzzle pieces come together in their minds when a new skill or word "clicks." They are most content when they're trying to figure something out, whether it be a 9 piece dinosaur puzzle they got for their birthday, how to put just one more block on the tower before it falls, or which letter "momma" starts with.
Charlie
The boys are eager to learn every single day, and it is so rewarding to watch all the little puzzle pieces come together in their minds when a new skill or word "clicks." They are most content when they're trying to figure something out, whether it be a 9 piece dinosaur puzzle they got for their birthday, how to put just one more block on the tower before it falls, or which letter "momma" starts with.
Eli
We've also really found them to be kind little boys. I don't think I've ever had to reprimand them once for hitting or going after the other aggressively, not yet I should probably add. They don't get overly rough with each other, and while there are toy wars now and then, there are never any punches thrown. They really have a love for each other that is a joy to see. Often times if one wakes before the other the first words out of the early riser's mouth are inquiring about his brother. It's so sweet to hear their groggy voices asking, "Char-ee," or "Lij" before all else.
Silly faced Eli
But I shouldn't make two sound like it's all smiles and kisses, because it is the age when they start asserting their opinions. Colors and types of sippie cups can become seemingly life or death problems in a matter of seconds. Sometimes their jammies get worn for 24 hours because the design is much cooler than the clothes mom selected for that day. Or maybe playing with toys is more important than making it to the potty in time. But, Brad and I have learned which battles are worth the fight, like going potty like a big boy, and which aren't, hence the 24 hour a day jammies on occasion.

Love them and you. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteGrandma