First off, I have to apologize for not posting in such a long time. On the 25th Charlie and Eli learned how to climb out of their cribs, and we made the conversion to toddler beds. And I converted my spare time to chasing toddler time. More on that later though!
What I really wanted to share today are these pictures of the boys LOVING the lovies Brad and I each had in our childhood. These stuffed animals used to have a spot of honor on a shelf above the boys' dresser to watch over Eli and Charlie for us. Until, that is, the boys learned how to say "bear" and "ele" (for elephant of course). Then down they came!

Charlie with Brad's old lovie, "Blue Bear." Apparently all the Molitor children have an affinity for Blue Bear, because Charlie sure loves him! Brad, Leslie and Andrew used to fight over him all the time, and we actually got him out of Andrew's closet to put him on our shelf!
What I really wanted to share today are these pictures of the boys LOVING the lovies Brad and I each had in our childhood. These stuffed animals used to have a spot of honor on a shelf above the boys' dresser to watch over Eli and Charlie for us. Until, that is, the boys learned how to say "bear" and "ele" (for elephant of course). Then down they came!
Charlie with Brad's old lovie, "Blue Bear." Apparently all the Molitor children have an affinity for Blue Bear, because Charlie sure loves him! Brad, Leslie and Andrew used to fight over him all the time, and we actually got him out of Andrew's closet to put him on our shelf!
Eli with my "Ellie." My great grandmother Blanche Remmers crocheted him for me when I was just a toddler. My cousin Katie had a coordinating pink one too. I literally loved the little blue felt heart right off him with so many washings. You can't see it, but his eye is sewn back on with the horribly uneven stitches of 12 year old Amy. That elephant even went to college with me.

Hi Amy,
ReplyDeleteI always check, but know that if you haven't posted, it might be because you are just a little busy. Go figure. As usual I love the pictures. The boys are just so very cute.
Lots of love,
Grandma