Thursday, March 22, 2012

Please review this information!

Hug your loved ones extra tight today! I had to give my Eli the heimlich maneuver yesterday when he was chocking on a mini nilla wafer. He began gagging and turning red but could make no sounds. I took him and began to administer the heimlich maneuver with abdominal thrusts. After two thrusts my sister Sarah did a finger sweep and pulled out a fist full of soggy wafers. Eli took a deep breath, vomited on me and began to sob, and so did I! Please, take a moment to review proper heimlich techniques, and review them with your family and caregivers. My sister, who is an RN, my mother, father and Brad were unaware of the proper technique for our sons' age and if I wasn't present I hate to think what I may be doing now instead of writing this posting. Please, please do not assume others, or maybe even you know how choking should be properly handled.

http://heimlichinstitute.com/page.php?id=34

As a side note, the boys and I are visiting Galesburg while Brad gets some items set up for us in Bermuda, and of course I have forgotten my camera at home! We'll take some pictures with Grammy's camera and do our 17 month update when we get home. In the meantime I'm just going to thank God my two little guys are healthy and strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment